Telia Crowd Insights
Data source type
Time period coverage
Activity data reports the number of people dwelling in area for a certain amount of time. More precisely, activity count calculates the number of unique persons with an activity per spatial and temporal unit.
Here, the spatial unit is one Telia scalable grid cell, and time unit is a day. An activity is identified if a person is dwelling at least 20 minutes in the same area. Therefore, counts refer to distinct persons only within a time slot and grid cell.
Data set: Aalto_activity_homezone.csv
- Time resolution: Daily.
- Area: Activity in the capital region of Helsinki (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo and Kauniainen).
- Home zone information in Finland on postal code level (Statistics Finland 2019).
- date: date when the activity happened.
- people: number of people with an activity.
- These numbers are extrapolated to represent the whole population, based on the daily observed market share (Telia) and population statistics (Statistics Finland).
- grid_code: grid id where the activity has taken place.
- grid_name: grid name (based on nearby locations).
- grid_size: size of the grid in meters (500 = 500 x 500-meter grid).
- home_al3_code: Home zone code on postal code level.
- home_al3_name: home zone name on postal code level.
- home_al2_code: home zone code on municipality level.
- home_al2_name: home zone name on municipality level.
- home_al1_code: home zone code on region level.
- home_al1_name: home zone name on region level.
- fin_daily_rating: a daily rating based on the signal quality of the day.
- The rating ranges from A (best) to D (worst). The classification is based on a signal drop percentage from the baseline: A: >= -5%, B: => -10% and C: >= -15%.
- D-rated days < -15% are removed by default from this dataset, as well as dates that are missing."
Telia Company, 2022, Crowd Insights, https://business.teliacompany.com/crowd-insights
Send your research plan to [email protected], and we will forward it to the related parties.
Data description documentation pdf.